If a change of the course or accommodation is requested prior to departure, then MyEducation will do all that is possible to accommodate these changes within the existing fee structure. If the language course and the accommodation is confirmed, however, there may be a change fee.
Below is a list of change fees by existing agreements:
- Changing your travel period: £60 + any increase in cost of language course and accommodation
- Acquisition of additional days: £45 + cost of additional days
- Acquisition of airport transfer: £20 + cost of transfer
- All other changes: £60
In addition, if necessary, expenses that may be charged by our partners. Please note that flights can also be lost by changing dates, and if a new ticket is required, this will be done at the participant's expense.
Early Withdrawal from Course
After commencing your course, if you choose to not complete your course, there will be no refund under any circumstance for the remaining course and accommodation period.
If for some unexpected reason you choose to cancel your program the following terms will exist regarding the refund that you are entitled to:
- Up to 8 weeks before your course start date, we will refund you all payments, less the initial deposit.
- Between 8 and 4 weeks before your course start date, 30% of the total amount will be lost.
- Within 4 weeks before the course start, half of the total amount will be lost.
- Within 2 weeks before the start of the course, the entire amount will be lost
Please note that cancellation will only be accepted in writing and will be taken from the date that the email/letter is received in the office.
It is up to the participant to apply for the necessary visa if required. MyEducation can help with guidance and support, but cannot accept responsibility if a participant fails to apply for a visa or if the visa is not obtained in good time before departure.
Participants should check if a visa is required before booking a course.
If the education or accommodation is not to the participant's expectations, this must be communicated to the language school or MyEducation as soon as possible - preferably after a few days and no later than one week after the start of the course, so that the language school has the opportunity to correct any errors or misunderstandings early in the course. Often they can help by arranging a change of class group or new accommodation. If you are unhappy with your host family the language school will require one week's notice to source a new family.
Particpants will not be compensated for complaints received after returning home.
Should there be an incident that MyEducation has no influence or control over such as war, civil war, revolution, strikes, sabotage, terrorism or a natural disaster, MyEducation is exempt from any liability (force majeure).