Host Family Profile Form
If you would like to be a host family with MyEducation or if you would like more information about what is involved, please fill in our host family profile form and a member of the team will contact you to tell you more about the experience.
This is the first step to opening your home, minds and hearts to a young person from another country and will allow you to experience a new life with them.
Please read the Privacy Notice – Host Family
Why do we collect information about you?
We need to collect and process personal information about you and members of your immediate family:
- to respond to initial enquiries from you about acting as a Host Family;
- to make an assessment of your eligibility and suitability to be a Host Family; and
- to provide you and the student living with you the support and services you all need while participating in the program.
Provision of the personal information is a requirement under the agreement you have with us as a Host Family.
The principal lawful reason for collecting and processing your personal information is to fulfil our agreed obligations to you or because you have expressed an interest in entering into an agreement with us. In addition, we ask you to confirm that you have read and understood this Privacy Notice and that you consent to your personal information being collected and processed for the reasons we have given. In some instances, we also have a legitimate interest in processing your data as part of maintaining a relationship with you, for example, if you have requested to join our email list.
The information we gather about disabilities and criminal convictions allows us to assess any material limitations on your ability to act a Host Family.
We gather other information to identify the appropriate students to allocate to you as a Host Family.
We do not use your personal information for automated profiling or decision-making.
What information do we collect about you?
The personal information we collect and process for each Host Family is set out on the forms that we ask you to complete. We also gather information through supplementary email correspondence, interviews and telephone conversations with you, and from the references you are asked to provide.
Who receives your personal information?
All of the personal information you provide is received by My Education (UK) Ltd.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Information provided by you to fulfil preliminary enquiries or to make an assessment of your eligibility and suitability as a Host Family is shared with:
- our Area Representative, who interviews you and collects your identification documents to complete your Disclosure Barring Service or Disclosure Scotland application; and
- the local school that will be hosting the student.
Once you have successfully completed the process of becoming a Host Family and a school enrolment has been secured, we share relevant personal information with our Area Representatives, who provide support to you while you are hosting, and with our partner companies overseas. The partner company will share the relevant parts of your personal information with potential exchange students and their parents or guardians.
In order to share your details with our arriving students we must send your data out of the UK to our partner companies. It is important that you understand that data protection regulation in other countries might be different from that in the UK and less rigorous.
How long do we hold your personal information?
If you do not complete the process to become a Host Family then we delete your personal information two years after the information was received.
If you become a Host Family then we retain your personal information for six years after you cease hosting students with us.
What are your rights with regard to your personal information?
At any time that we are in possession of or are processing your personal information you have the following rights:
- the right to access your personal and supplementary information and to receive a copy of that information free of charge;
- the right to have incorrect or incomplete personal information rectified or completed, within one calendar month of correction or completion being requested;
- the right, in certain circumstances, to ask for your personal information to be erased (details of the circumstances will be supplied on request);
- the right, in certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your personal information (details of the circumstances will be supplied on request);
- the right to have the information we hold about you in electronic form transferred, free of charge, to another organisation within one calendar month of a request being made;
- the right to object to your personal information being used for certain purposes, for example, direct marketing.
What are your rights of complaint?
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we collect or process your personal information you should complain to us by contacting our Country Manager using the contact details in the second section of this notice.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body for the United Kingdom, which is known as the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Instructions for contacting the ICO can be found on its website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us.
For further information on how your personal information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your right to access information we have on you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 023 8097 0924.