Gran Canaria Summer Language Travel
Gran Canaria, an island of contrasts with a spectacular landscape that stands out for its wealth of natural beauty, its microclimates and its unique geographical terrain. There are 60 kilometers of beaches along the Atlantic Ocean, each with its own special natural features, each blessed with a privileged spring-like climate 365 days a year.
When you think about learning a new language or exploring a new culture, many different options may appear. By choosing a language course on Gran Canaria in Las Palmas, you are guaranteed an exciting experience on a fantastic island in the Atlantic Ocean, overflowing with the cosmopolitan atmosphere of Las Palmas, history, culture and warm temperatures all year round.
At the language school in Gran Canaria, Spain, a large activity program is included. You will have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of social activities. These activities will be arranged in the afternoon, such as sightseeing, surf lessons, sports, boat trips, beach trips, hiking, water park, visits to Anfi del Mar & Puerto Rico beach resort as well as cultural visits and much more. The wide range of activities also helps to supplement the learning experience.
The 2-week course includes 4 full-day excursions around the most visited and emblematic places and 8 half-day excursions including cultural museums, city tours and surfing.
Supervision and Free Time
The program on the language trip to Gran Canaria, Spain is suitable for the very young as well as older teenagers. All students are under 24-hour supervision, and in connection with the excursions, they are given the opportunity to travel in small groups without supervision, however, this requires that the student has obtained permission from his parents in advance.
Students are required to participate in all classes, activities and excursions that are part of the language travel program. Staff are available to support the students through their language learning and to ensure they make the most of the cultural activities and make friends and enjoy themselves. Specialist activities are always supervised by professional instructors.
Teaching on this Spanish course in Gran Canaria, takes place every weekday from 09:30 to 13:00, and the activity program takes place in the afternoon after lunch. The teaching itself takes place in small, international, level-divided groups with a maximum of 15 students per class. The student’s Spanish level will be tested and the student will then be placed in the language class that best suits the student’s level. With this language course in Spanish, you will receive 20 Spanish lessons of 45 min. per week.
All students are accommodated in a 3- or 4-star hotel. The students will be accommodated in shared rooms (2-3 students per room). Each room has Wi-Fi and a bathroom with toilet.
Both hotels are located in the city center a few meters from the school and Las Canteras beach.
All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) are taken at a hotel. On days with full-day excursions, packed lunches will be prepared for the students to take with them on the trip.
- 20 lessons per week of Spanish teaching.
- Level test on arrival.
- Class materials.
- Certificate and report at end of program.
- Accommodation at a 3/4 star hotel.
- Full board.
- Supervision and support.
- Arrival on Saturday, departure on Saturday.
- Full activity schedule.
- 2 full day excursion included each week.
- 4 half-day excursions included each week.
- Transfer to and from airport on standard arrival days between set times.
- 24 hour emergency assistance.
- MyEducation service and support prior to departure and during program.
Summer, 2 -3 bed hotel room || 1 week: £899 || 2 weeks: £1,795 || 3 weeks: £2,695 || 4 weeks: £3,595 || 5 weeks: £4,495 || 6 weeks: £5,395
- Population: approx. 865,000
- Language: Spanish
- Fun fact: The Valley of Agaete in Gran Canaria, is the only place in Europe where coffee is grown!
- MyEducation recommends: One of the most fun things to do in Gran Canaria is to go snorkeling at Las Canteras. Beneath the crystal-clear waters that lap against the beach an incredible marine haven beckons, home to an astonishing array of creatures.
- What to eat in Gran Canaria: The Canarian potatoes, Papas Arrugadas, is the most popular food in Gran Canaria, and for good reason. You will find this dish on pretty much every restaurant or tapas bar’s menu, always served with mojo (a collection of staple sauces in Gran Canaria)
GRAN CANARIA- THE ISLAND OF ENDLESS ADVENTURE
Gran Canaria is an adventurous paradise that beckons tourists from across the globe. Nestled in the heart of the vibrant Canary Islands, this Spanish gem boasts endless of enticing qualities that make it the perfect destination for those seeking both linguistic immersion and thrilling escapades. With its diverse landscapes ranging from sweeping golden beaches to rugged mountain peaks and lush pine forests, Gran Canaria offers an extraordinary backdrop for unforgettable language learning experiences. Thee island’s year-round mild climate also ensures that adventure-seekers can embark on exhilarating activities such as surfing, hiking, and scuba diving at any time.
THE LANGUAGE SCHOOL
The language school is located in the capital, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, and is aimed at any student who wants to learn Spanish first hand. You will be able to explore the culture while living on an island with a lot to offer! We offer intensive programs that adapt to the specific needs of all age groups.
- Recently renovated
- 12 classrooms equipped with internet access and updated digital equipment
- Wi-fi connection throughout the entire school
- Student lounge
- All-around air conditioning
- Located in the city centre
- On-site pool and sun terrace
- 24-hour front desk
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR A TRIP TO GRAN CANARIA
Complete our contact form and a staff member will be in touch to talk more about the program and to confirm the dates and fees for the trip. You can read more about Language Travel here and read our FAQs page to answer all of your questions. You should also read our Terms and Conditions for booking.