Adult Language Travel Barcelona
The school meets the highest standards of excellence, is recognised by the most respected organisations worldwide and has been accredited by the Instituto Cervantes. The school offers flexible, personalised programmes to meet your needs and for all ages, with a maximum of 12 students per class. Starting every Monday of the year, you have the flexibility of what time of year you would like to visit this amazing city to learn Spanish!
The school is a large modern campus in a quiet residential neighbourhood in the city centre, offering the students a great learning environment yet close to the bustle of the city. Located in the heart of Barcelona and walking distance to the cultural attractions, students can explore the lively neighbourhood and sample the local cuisine in the vast array of restaurants and cafes that Barcelona is famous for.
Students will study in large, bright classrooms and can hang out in the modern common areas and large courtyard or terraces in their spare time, practicing their Spanish with like-minded students, who come to Barcelona from worldwide destinations to enjoy this fabulous, multi-cultural, exciting city. They come to learn Spanish with the aim of learning and improving their understanding of language, way of life and culture and to use it in everyday aspects of life. This is supported by the social and cultural programme after class, which allows students to relax, speak Spanish and discover living life the true Spanish way. The dedicated and enthusiastic team of teachers are all highly trained in different teaching methodologies and have years of experience in teaching the Spanish language to non-native speakers of all levels of fluency.
The language school in Barcelona offers various accommodation options for students:
- Shared Apartment: Students can live in a shared apartment with fellow students of different nationalities on a self-catering basis. Bedding is included but towels, meals and cleaning services are not. Apartments are located close to the school and reflect the high quality standard of the school. Students can opt for a single or double room with a private bathroom and triple rooms for 3 students travelling together are available upon request.
- Host Family: This is an ideal option for students who would like to experience Spanish daily life. Host family homes are located a maximum of 30 minutes either walking or by public transport from the school. Bed linen, blankets, towels Wi-Fi and laundry service once a week are in included. Some host families offer a packed lunch instead of a sit-down meal at home. If you have any dietary restrictions such as lactose intolerance, gluten-free or follow a vegan diet, these can be accommodated upon request for an additional charge.
- Private Apartments: Apartments are located in heart of the city near the school and are furnished and equipped with bedlinen and towels. They are a perfect option for families or those travelling with partners who would prefer more privacy in a relaxed environment.
- Student Residence: This option offers the student a great level of independence and the opportunity to live and socialise with other international students in top locations in the heart of the city. The student residence options offer single and double rooms with on a B&B, half-board and full-board basis. Wi-Fi, bed linen, towels, meals, weekly cleaning and welcome amenities are included. Kitchen and laundry facilities are available.
Note: Prices on the website are for Host family and Shared Flat only. Please contact us for prices for other accommodation options.
NOTE: STUDENTS WHO ARE TRAVELLING ON A UK PASSPORT WHO WISH TO STUDY FOR 90 DAYS OR MORE WILL NEED TO APPLY FOR A VISA.
To find out which consulate you will need to lodge a visa application with, please click here
The school offers a wide range of services to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The school offer an excellent selection of accommodation to meet your requirements: Host Family, Shared Apartment, Student Residence or Private Apartment. All accommodation is inspected by a school accommodation officer and is of good quality.
Throughout your stay, the school will give you a supportive and friendly environment to live and study in. From teachers, staff and host families to your roommates or fellow classroom students, you will quickly feel at home!
The school has a commitment to the students’ health and safety while offering a full-immersion experience during transfers and commuting and in all their accommodation options. Specific health and safety protocols, adapted facilities, extra equipment have been implemented to comply with latest regulations to ensure the students’ safety and well being throughout their course.
Upon arrival, students will be given a brief training about health and hygiene recommendations. Staff will be on hand to help you and give you advice on any aspect of your course, accommodation or life in Spain.
- Intensive Spanish courses:
- Intensive 10: 10 Spanish lessons per week
- Intensive 20: 20 Spanish lessons per week
- Intensive 25: 20 Spanish lessons + 5 Spanish Culture and Conversation Workshops
- Super Intensive 30: 20 Spanish lessons + 5 Spanish Cultlure and Conversation Workshops + 5 semi-private classes
- Private Classes
- Private One-to-One classes – Learn Spanish at your own pace!
- Semi-Private classes – a good option if you are travelling with a small group of maximum three people and you wish to take private classed together.
- Exam Preparation Courses
- DELE Exam Preparation Courses: 20 or 30 DELE classes per week
- SIELE Exam Preparation Coursed: 20 Group Spanish classes + 10 private SIELE classes
- Business Spanish and Chamber of Commerce Exam Preparation: 10 group classes per week
- Special Programmes
- University Exam Preparation: University Entrance Exam
- Spanish Teachers’ Training Lab: 20 group classes + 10 hours of observation + mentoring.
- Gap Year: Did you finish school and still aren’t sure what to do next? Combine 19 destinations in Spain and Latin America with one academic year!
- Customised Group Programmes
- Extracurricular Activities:
- Flamenco or Latin Dances
- Cooking Classes
- Winter Breaks
- Study in your Age Group:
- Cultural Immersion: Ages 5 to 18
- International Summer Camps: June, July and August
- Junior Programme: Ages 14 to 18
- Cultural Immersion Spanish: January, June and July
- Cultural Immersion: Ages 5 to 18
✓ Each lesson = 55 minutes.
✓ International classes.
✓ We recommend that you have some knowledge of the Spanish language.
✓ All teaching takes place in Spanish
✓ Chosen number of lessons per week of Spanish teaching.
✓ Accommodation is optional, but prices are quoted with accommodation.
✓ Host family, shared apartment, school residence or private apartment.
✓ Self catering, breakfast or half board accommodation options.
✓ All levels from beginners to advanced.
✓ Morning or afternoon class schedule
✓ Written and oral level test.
✓ Certificate of attendance on completion
✓ Small groups 4 – 8 students per class except in high season, max 12
✓ Supervision and support.
✓ MyEducation service and support prior to departure and during program.
NOT INCLUDED, BUT AVAILABLE
✓ Airport transfer on arrival.
✓ Additional classes and courses.
✓ Textbook and study materials
✓ Assistance with flight booking and insurance.
20 lessons + host family + half board || 2 weeks: £1,085 || 3 weeks: £1,605|| 4 weeks: £2,130 || 6 weeks: £3,115 ||8 weeks: £4,140
25 lessons + host family + half board ||2 weeks: £1,130 || 3 weeks: £1,675 || 4 weeks: £2,220 || 6 weeks: £3,255 || 8 weeks: £4,325
20 lessons + shared flat, self catering || 2 weeks: £990 || 3 weeks: £1,465 || 4 weeks: £1,940 || 6 weeks: £2,830 || 8 weeks: £3,760
25 lessons + shared flat, self catering || 2 weeks: £1,035 || 3 weeks: £1,535 || 4 weeks: £2,030 || 6 weeks: £2,970 || 8 weeks: £3,945
Key Facts: Spain
- Population: approx. 46,7 million
- Language: Spanish
- Fun fact about Spain: 150,000 tomatoes are thrown every year! Held every August near Valencia, people visit from around the world to throw tomatoes at fellow revellers during ‘La Tomantina’ Festival. To avoid injury, only squashed tomatoes can be thrown.
Key Facts: Barcelona
- Population: approx. 1.6 million
- Why choose Barcelona: Barcelona is one of the most beautiful and exciting cities in the world. It has a huge number of attractions in and around the city centre. Las Ramblas is world famous and you can find the astonishing buildings created by the architect Gaudí. Barcelona has a large Picasso museum and one of Spain’s biggest stadiums, which is home to FC Barcelona
- MyEducation recommends: Visit Park Güell, and dive into the artist Gaudi’s universe.Inside the park there is also the city’s best vantage point.
- What to eat in Barcelona: Seafood Paella. You can find some of the best seafood restaurants in Spain to try the seafood paella.
- Visas: If you are travelling on a UK passport, for programs up to 90 days in length, no visa is required for entry. For programs over 90 days, a visa is required. The language school will provide you with the necessary sponsorship documents to apply for the visa.
- To see the list of visa fees for British citizens click here:
- To find out visa requirements click here:
- Flights: MyEducation will confirm your arrival airports and dates. You can choose to book your own flight to Spain. MyEducation can also book the flight for you through our partner travel agency. You will pay the fee for the flight to MyEducation at the time that the booking is made. Full payment required for the flight to be secured.
- Vaccinations: We recommend that you ensure that your vaccinations are up to date for travel to Italy. You can find up to date information here: Travel Health Pro.
- Insurance: All students require insurance for their trip. Insurance should cover at the lowest level: belongings, travel, personal liability and medical expenses. MyEducation can provide insurance on a monthly basis. Please speak with staff if you want details
- Arrival Transfer: meeting on arrival at the airport is not included in the fee for the program. If you require a transfer, MyEducation can confirm a fee for the service and the details of how it is managed.
- Emergency Support: The language school and MyEducation have an emergency number that can be contacted 24/7 for students on a program. This is for emergency situations that need urgent attention.
- Bank fees and accommodation deposit:
How to sign up for a trip to Barcelona
Complete a booking form today to sign up for your Language Travel adventure or complete our contact form and a staff member will be in touch to talk more about the program and to confirm the dates and fees for the trip. You can read more about Language Travel here and read our FAQs page to answer all of your questions. You should also read our Terms and Conditions for booking.