Lignano Summer Language Travel
Lignano is a popular holiday resort on the Adriatic Sea between Venice and Trieste. Lignano is famed for its sandy beaches, mild, but warm climate and it has excellent facilities for students to use and benefit from. The summer school is located in a park, which hosts language camps and sports programs. There are a variety of activities available and the school has it’s own swimming pool and private beach. This summer camp is one of the longest running in Italy and offers a unique learning experience.
During the language lessons, students will receive 20 lessons per week, 4 lessons per day, Monday to Saturday. Lessons last 45 minutes. On this first day students are sorted into appropriate groups based on their ability and lessons are designed to improve fluency and to expand useful vocabulary. There are 12 students per class and the lessons involve speaking, listening, reading, writing and lively interaction.
In Lignano, a large activity program is included, so that exciting social activities will take place outside of teaching hours. The language school arranges activities every day, so there is plenty of opportunity to have fun while practicing Italian. Students complete activities with students of their own age with groups broken from 12-14, 15-16 and 17-18 years of age. Students can choose from a wide range of sports and creative activities. Options might be football, beach volleyball, beach football, water polo, roller-blading, swimming, cooking, costume making, crafting and much more.
As all facilities are on site, this means that students can move easily and safely between activities.
In Lignano there is a full day excursion every week. The excursions will often be on the weekends, and include trips to Venice, Verona, Gardaland and Trieste.
Supervision and Free Time
Students are supervised during all of the language school activities by experience and friendly staff. Groups are broken up by age for activities and excursions. Students age 12-14 years are closely monitored with 1 supervisor per 10 students. Activities are related to age and students cannot move unaccompanied. Lights out no later than 10.30pm.
Students age 15-16 years still receive supervision, but are allowed to move independently around the resort. Students can also have free time in a fixed area when out on activities and excursions out of the school.
Students age 17-18 years have more freedom and are allowed to move freely at the resort and during activities outside of the school camp. Staff remain available for support at all times. Lights out no later than midnight and there is 1 staff member per 15 students.
The teaching at the language school in Lignano is of high quality and staff create the right framework for optimal language learning in small, international, level-divided classes. On the first day of your course, your Italian level will be tested, and then you will be placed in the language class that best suits your level. This language tour includes 20 Italian lessons of 45 minutes per week . Teaching usually takes place in the morning. There will be a maximum of 15 students in a class.
The school uses an integrated communicative approach to teaching which focuses on the student and their environment. Particular attention is paid to improving speaking and listening skills through role-plays, discussions, video, songs, activities and much more.
Note that all teaching takes place in Italian and we therefore recommend that you know a little Italian before departure.
Accommodation is all on site in 2 – 4 bed rooms with private bathroom facilities. The residences are close to all activities and classrooms. Students are accommodated according to their age, gender and nationality. Rooms are cleaned on a daily basis and a weekly laundry service is provided. Bed linen is provided, but bath and beach towels are not provided. All staff are resident too, so students have consistency and support in all aspects of the program.
Three hot buffet meals are provided every day at the central restaurant. Students can help themselves to a full Italian breakfast or tea, coffee, chocolate milk or plain milk with bread, butter and jam. Lunch and dinner offers a choice from three first courses which vary during the week, three main courses which vary during the week and provide meat, fish and one cold option. Vegetable options available. Dessert of fruit and ice cream. A packed lunch is provided for a full day excursion.
- 20 lessons per week of Italian teaching.
- Level test on arrival.
- Accommodation at school accommodation in 2 – 4 bed rooms.
- Full board – college meals served at the canteen with packed lunch on trip days.
- Supervision and support.
- Arrival on Sunday, departure on Saturday.
- Full day excursion only included on minimum 2 week course.
- Full activity schedule – all facilities on site.
- 1 full day excursion.
- Transfer to and from Venice airport or train station on standard arrival days. Additional fees apply for arrival at other airports or train stations or different days.
- MyEducation service and support prior to departure and during program.
Lignano 2023 – (School accommodation) || 2 week: £2,015 || 3 weeks: £2,925 || 4 weeks: £3,835 ||
- Population: approx. 7,000 people.
- Language: Italian.
- Fun fact: The name Lignano derives from ‘Lupignanum’ which means ‘ place inhabited by wolves’. Of course there are no wolves today!
- MyEducation recommends: Parco Zoo Punta Verde – a local zoo that features lemurs, giraffes, monkeys, snow leopards and much more.
- What to eat in Montpellier: When you are this close to the sea, seafood is the specialty of the area.
LIGNANO – ONE OF ITALY’S MAIN SUMMER RESORTS
Lignano Sabbiadoro is situated along the coast of Northern Adriatic Sea between Venice and Trieste. The city sits on a peninsula which is 8km long. Along it’s coast you will find beautiful golden sand and so Lignano is famed as one of the best beach locations in Italy. Lignano is made up of three areas; the historical city centre, the wonderful green zone of Lignano Pineta and the calm of Lignano Riviera. There is something for everyone to experience here.
The 8km beaches have won the Blue Flag of Europe every year due to the fine water quality. The city also has 5 amusement parks, including Aquasplash which is one of the first water parks in Italy. The city also has 5km of pedestrianised areas, making it an easy place to explore, as well as 10 hectares of nature and green landscape in the parks and pine tree forests.
The weather is warm with average highs of 29 degrees in July and August. The area does experience rain with the highest levels being in May and June.
THE LANGUAGE SCHOOL
The Junior Summer School in Italy is in a pleasant park, which hosts residential language and sport programmes. There are numerous sport facilities such as swimming pool, basketball, volleyball, soccer and mini-soccer courts, a dedicated private beach for the exclusive use of the guests. The Summer Camp in Lignano is a great location for young students. Excellent facilities, very experienced staff and a friendly international atmosphere make Lignano one of the best summer camps in Italy for a unique learning experience.
Why learn Italian with SUMMER CAMP FOR JUNIORS?
- Opened in 1995 Linguaviva Lignano is one of the first international Junior Summer Camps in Italy
- Suitable for students aged 12 to 17 years old
- Fully equipped Junior centre with dining, leisure and activity rooms
- Equipped Private beach
- Sport facilities: swimming pool, basketball, volleyball, soccer and tennis courts
- Full board residential accommodation in rooms with 2 – 4 beds and private bathroom
- Nursing station with a doctor in attendance 24 hours a day to deal with any medical problem
- Enjoyable and safe stay with supervision and security rules for our younger guests
- Our qualified staff is resident in the centre
- Rich programme of sports and leisure activities and full day excursion once a week
- Transfer services in and out from Venice airport or close railway station
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR A TRIP TO LIGNANO
Complete our contact form and a staff member will be in touch to talk more about the program and to confirm the dates and fees for the trip. You can read more about Language Travel here and read our FAQs page to answer all of your questions. You should also read our Terms and Conditions for booking.