Adult Language Travel Milan
The language school in Milan is located in the commercial district in the city centre, making it easy for international students to visit the many cultural sights, indulge in the traditional Italian cuisine the cafes and restaurants have to offer and enjoy the buzz of the city vibe. The closest underground station is Lima, connecting the city to many other fascinating districts you may want to explore.
The language school is housed in a beautiful Art-Nouveau style building, has 18 classrooms, a lovely little garden, free wireless internet, a lounge and more. The school in Milan is among the most recognised and reputable language schools in Italy, and has a variety of international and national accolades. Students come from around the world to learn Italian at the school each year.
Teaching at the language school in Milan is of the highest quality, offering small international classes to suit your level. All teachers are qualified university trained teachers, therefore have what it takes to offer an excellent standard of teaching. On the first day of your course, you will be given a test to determine your level of Italian and placed in the appropriate class.
The language school in Milan offers various accommodation options for students:
- Shared flat (single) – Students share the flat with other students from the school. You can choose a single room (or twin if you are coming with someone) in a flat with 3 or more bedrooms. Kitchen and bathrooms are shared with other students. Maximum distance of 30 minutes by public transport from the school.
- Host Family: This is an ideal option for students who would like the experience of Italian daily life. Most homestays are in single rooms but twin rooms can be requested for two people travelling together. Host families can be young couples, with or without children, older couples, single parents with children or single people, and they will all make you feel welcome. There are various meal arrangements available: bed and breakfast or half-board.
- Independent flat: This is a good option for those who prefer to be fully independent. They will be either a studio or a small apartment for 1 or 2 people which come fully furnished or equipped. Maximum distance of 30 minutes by public transport from the school.
- Student residence: All rooms are modern and fully-equipped, have private en-suite bathrooms, internet connection with cable, study area, air conditioning/heating and a mini fridge.
Note: Prices on the website are for Host family and Shared Flat only. Please contact us for prices for other accommodation options.
NOTE: STUDENTS WHO ARE TRAVELLING ON A UK PASSPORT WHO WISH TO STUDY FOR 90 DAYS OR MORE WILL NEED TO APPLY FOR A VISA.
YOU CAN APPLY FOR YOUR VISA AT THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF ITALY IN LONDON OR EDINBURGH. PLEASE SEE VISA INFORMATION HERE: ( View )
The school offers a wide range of services to make your stay as comfortable as possible. You may choose to be met at Milan airport by a professional staff member and be escorted to your accommodation. This service can be requested upon booking. The school offer an excellent selection of accommodation to meet your requirements: Homestay, Shared Flat, Independent Flat, Student Residence. All accommodation is inspected by a school accommodation officer and is of good quality.
The school has a Support and Welfare Service which will help you make the most of your stay. They will help with issues related to permit and stay procedures, opening a bank account, finding a doctor and obtaining your student card for discount in shops, bars and other facilities.
To help you settle into school life, on your first day you will be given an orientation and welcome talk with information about the city, the school and staff and an overview of school activities and excursions. In the afternoon, there will be a short walking tour of the city and school surroundings. They are there to offer full support as you settle into your new life.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the schools for students that bring their own laptop. Students that don’t bring their own laptop can use one of the computers that are available for students at our schools.
- General Italian
- 20 lessons a week
- 30 lessons a week
- 30 lessons a week (20 in group + 10 one-to-one per week)
- Italian + Fashion and Interior Design
- Experience Milan – 20 lesson a week + activities
- Preparation for PLIDA Exam
- Foundation Programme for Italian University
- Summer Preparatory Course for Italian University.
✓ Each lesson = 45 minutes.
✓ International classes.
✓ We recommend that you have some knowledge of the Italian language.
✓ All teaching takes place in Italian.
✓ Level test.
✓ Course certificate.
✓ Chosen number of lessons per week of Italian teaching.
✓ Orientation on arrival.
✓ Accommodation is optional, but prices are quoted with accommodation.
✓ Host family, shared flat, residence, independent flat.
✓ Self catering, breakfast or half board accommodation options.
✓ Supervision and support.
✓ MyEducation service and support prior to departure and during program.
NOT INCLUDED, BUT AVAILABLE
✓ Airport transfer on arrival.
✓ Additional classes and courses.
✓ Course materials.
✓ Assistance with flight booking and insurance.
20 lessons + host family + half board || 2 weeks: £998 || 3 weeks: £1,404|| 4 weeks: £1,847|| 8 weeks: £3,544 || 12 weeks: £4,870
30 lessons + host family + half board ||2 weeks: £998 || 3 weeks: £1,404|| 4 weeks: £1,847|| 8 weeks: £3,544 || 12 weeks: £4,870
20 lessons + shared flat + self catering || 2 weeks: £780 || 3 weeks: £1,085|| 4 weeks: £1,415 || 8 weeks: £2,670 || 12 weeks: £3,630
30 lessons + shared flat + self catering || 2 weeks: £955 || 3 weeks: £1,340|| 4 weeks: £1,760 || 8 weeks: £3,365 || 12 weeks: £4,200
Key Facts: Italy
- Population: approx. 58,9 million
- Language: Italian
- Fun fact about Italy: Tourists throw 1 million euros into the Trevi Fountain in Rome each year…that is 3,000 euros every day! Every penny is donated to charity!
Key Facts: Milan
- Population: approx. 3,1 million
- Why choose Milan: known as Italy’s capital of fashion and culture, Milan perfectly blends tradition with modern life to make it a city that offers some of the best food, café culture and nightlife in Europe.
- MyEducation recommends: Il Duomo – The Milan Cathedral. The largest church in Italy and the 5th largest Christian church in the world, taking 6 centuries to complete, ‘Il Duomo’ dominates the centre of Milan and attracts thousands of visitors each year.
- What to eat in Milan: while in Milan you must try Risotto alla Milanese – the most traditional Milanese dish – made from the rice grown in the Po Valley, the region near Milan otherwise known as the “rice bowl of Italy.’ It is a well kept secret that Italy is the biggest producer of rice in Europe so it is not surprising that it the dish, flavoured with cheese and bone marrow, is one of the favourite dishes in the region!
- Visas: If you are travelling on a UK visa, for programs up to 90 days in length, no visa is required for entry although border authorities may ask you to show documentation that justifies duration and reasons for your stay in Italy. For programs over 90 days, a visa is required. The language school will provide you with the necessary sponsorship documents to apply for the visa. Applications must be lodged at the Consulate in London or Edinburgh. The visa fee is 50 Euros (correct Nov. 2021).
- Flights: MyEducation will confirm your arrival airports and dates. You can choose to book your own flight to Italy. MyEducation can also book the flight for you through our partner travel agency. You will pay the fee for the flight to MyEducation at the time that the booking is made. Full payment required for the flight to be secured.
- Vaccinations: We recommend that you ensure that your vaccinations are up to date for travel to Italy. You can find up to date information here: Travel Health Pro.
- Insurance: All students require insurance for their trip. Insurance should cover at the lowest level: belongings, travel, personal liability and medical expenses. MyEducation can provide insurance on a monthly basis. Please speak with staff if you want details
- Arrival Transfer: meeting on arrival at the airport is not included in the fee for the program. If you require a transfer, MyEducation can confirm a fee for the service and the details of how it is managed.
- Emergency Support: The language school and MyEducation have an emergency number that can be contacted 24/7 for students on a program. This is for emergency situations that need urgent attention.
- Bank fees and accommodation deposit: Bank transfer fees of around Euros will be due after arrival at the language school.
How to sign up for a trip to Milan
Complete a booking form today to sign up for your Language Travel adventure or complete our contact form and a staff member will be in touch to talk more about the program and to confirm the dates and fees for the trip. You can read more about Language Travel here and read our FAQs page to answer all of your questions. You should also read our Terms and Conditions for booking.