Adult Language Travel Florence
The language school in Florence enjoys a charming city centre location, in the historical area Santa Croce, located on the right bank of the River Arno. Santa Croce is known for the many shops, museums, markets, restaurants and and is home to Basillica of Santa Croce, the resting place of important historical figures such as Michelangelo and Machiavelli.
The language school is housed in a beautiful classical building, and offers comfortable classrooms and lovely living areas for international students. To one side of the language school you can enjoy views of the Palazzo Vecchio and from the other Piazza Peruzzi, so the perfect language school if you want to stay in the heart of the beautiful city.
The language school in Florence is among the most recognised and reputable language schools located in Italy, and boasts a variety of international and national accolades. The school receives international students from around the world throughout the year.
The language school in Florence offers various accommodation options for students:
- Shared flat (single) – Students share the flat with other students from the school. You can choose a single room (or twin if you are coming with someone) in a flat with 3 or more bedrooms. Kitchen and bathrooms are shared with other students. Maximum distance of 15 – 20 minutes by foot from the school. Minimum age is 18 yrs.
- Host Family: This is an ideal option for students who would like the experience of Italian daily life. Most homestays are in single rooms but twin rooms can be requested for two people travelling together. Host families can be young couples, with or without children, older couples, single parents with children or single people, and they will all make you feel welcome. There are various meal arrangements available: bed and breakfast, half-board or self-catering. Host Families are no more than 15 minutes away on public transport. Prices are for half-board.
- Independent flat: This is a good option for those who prefer to be fully independent. They will be either a studio or a small apartment for 1 or 2 people which come fully furnished or equipped. Flats are centrally located and within a short walk from the school. Kitchen tools, bedlinen and bath towels are provided. The school does not manage independent apartments directly but through carefully selected estate agencies specialised in offering housing services to international students. Minimum age is 18yrs.
Note: Prices on the website are for Host family and flat share only. Please contact us for prices for other accommodation options.
NOTE: STUDENTS WHO ARE TRAVELLING ON A UK PASSPORT WHO WISH TO STUDY FOR 90 DAYS OR MORE WILL NEED TO APPLY FOR A VISA. YOU CAN APPLY FOR YOUR VISA AT THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF ITALY IN LONDON OR EDINBURGH. PLEASE SEE VISA INFORMATION HERE: ( View )
The school offers a wide range of services to make your stay as comfortable as possible. You may choose to be met at Florence airport by a professional staff member and be escorted to your accommodation. This service can be requested upon booking. The school offer an excellent selection of accommodation to meet your requirements: Homestay, Shared or Independent Flat. All accommodation is inspected by a school accommodation officer and is of good quality.
The school has a Support and Welfare Service which will help you make the most of your stay. They will help with issues related to permit and stay procedures, opening a bank account, finding a doctor and obtaining your student card for discount in shops, bars and other facilities.
To help you settle into school life, on your first day you will be given an orientation and welcome talk with information about the city, the school and staff and an overview of school activities and excursions. In the afternoon, there will be a short walking tour of the city and school surroundings. They are there to offer full support as you settle into your new life.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the schools for students that bring their own laptop. Students that don’t bring their own laptop can use one of the computers that are available for students at our schools.
- General Italian:
- 20 lessons a week
- 30 lessons a week
- 30 lessons a week (20 group lessons + 10 One-to-One lessons)
- Italian + Cooking (20 general Italian lessons + 6 cookery lessons)
- Art History.
- Italian + Arts – min. 4 weeks
- Interior Design
- Cultural Program for Seniors. – 2 weeks
- Foundation Programme for Italian University – Medicine and Veterinary
- Internship Programme
✓ Lesson = 45 minutes.
✓ International classes.
✓ We recommend that you have some knowledge of the Italian language. Complete beginners can only start on certain Mondays throughout the year.
✓ All teaching takes place in Italian.
✓ Level test.
✓ Course certificate.
✓ Chosen number of lessons per week of Italian teaching.
✓ Accommodation is optional, but prices are quoted with accommodation.
✓ Host family or apartment accommodation.
✓ Self catering or half board accommodation options.
✓ Supervision and support.
✓ MyEducation service and support prior to departure and during program.
NOT INCLUDED, BUT AVAILABLE
✓ Airport transfer on arrival.
✓ Additional classes and courses.
✓ Assistance with flight booking and insurance.
✓ Social Activities
20 lessons + host family + half board || 2 weeks: £998 || 3 weeks: £1,425 || 4 weeks: £1,847 || 8 weeks: £3,544 || 12 weeks: £4,940 ||
30 lessons + host family + half board || 2 weeks: £1,175 || 3 weeks: £1,670 || 4 weeks: £2,195 || 8 weeks: £4,240 || 12 weeks: £6,280 ||
20 lessons + shared flat + self catering || 2 weeks: £780 || 3 weeks: £1,095 || 4 weeks: £1,410 || 8 weeks: £2,635 || 12 weeks: £3,580 ||
30 lessons + shared flat + self catering || 2 weeks: £955 || 3 weeks: £1,355 || 4 weeks: £1,755 || 8 weeks: £3,365 || 12 weeks: £4,970 ||
Key Facts: Italy
- Population: Approx. 58,9 million
- Language: Italian
- Fun fact about Italy: Tourists throw 1 million euros into the Trevi Fountain in Rome each year…that is 3,000 euros every day! Every penny is donated to charity!
Key Facts: Florence
- Population: Approx. 349,000
- Why choose Florence: Florence is an exciting and modern city, but it kept its unique charm. Wander the narrow streets and enjoy the historic buildings, museums, fashionable shops, the city’s many intimate cafes and fine restaurants. If you need a break from sightseeing and the impressive cultural treasures, a lunch in one of the shady parks is highly recommended.
- MyEducation recommends: The view from Piazzale Michelangelo is a must. Enjoy here the sunrise and sunset with magical view across domes, towers and hills, crossed by the Arno River.
- What to eat in Florence: Florence is known to have some of the best ice-cream in Italy! Indulge yourself with some of the homemade ‘gelato’ found in one of the many ‘gelaterias’ in Florence.
- Visas: If you are travelling on a UK visa, for programs up to 90 days in length, no visa is required for entry although border authorities may ask you to show documentation that justifies duration and reasons for your stay in Italy. For programs over 90 days, a visa is required. The language school will provide you with the necessary sponsorship documents to apply for the visa. Applications must be lodged at the Consulate in London or Edinburgh. The visa fee is 50 Euros (correct Nov. 2021).
- Flights: MyEducation will confirm your arrival airports and dates. You can choose to book your own flight to Italy. MyEducation can also book the flight for you through our partner travel agency. You will pay the fee for the flight to MyEducation at the time that the booking is made. Full payment required for the flight to be secured.
- Vaccinations: We recommend that you ensure that your vaccinations are up to date for travel to Italy. You can find up to date information here: Travel Health Pro.
- Insurance: All students require insurance for their trip. Insurance should cover at the lowest level: belongings, travel, personal liability and medical expenses. MyEducation can provide insurance on a monthly basis. Please speak with staff if you want details
- Arrival Transfer: meeting on arrival at the airport is not included in the fee for the program. If you require a transfer, MyEducation can confirm a fee for the service and the details of how it is managed.
- Emergency Support: The language school and MyEducation have an emergency number that can be contacted 24/7 for students on a program. This is for emergency situations that need urgent attention.
- Bank fees and accommodation deposit: Any deposits or bank fees would be paid directly to the language school.
How to sign up for a trip to Florence
Complete a booking form today to sign up for your Language Travel adventure or complete our contact form and a staff member will be in touch to talk more about the program and to confirm the dates and fees for the trip. You can read more about Language Travel here and read our FAQs page to answer all of your questions. You should also read our Terms and Conditions for booking.