MyEducation Language Travel Booking Conditions
Booking your Trip
- Booking is confirmed by completing the Language Travel Booking Form
- A staff member will review your application and contact you to confirm fees and discuss anything from your booking form.
- Staff will issue you our Terms and Conditions to be reviewed and signed.
- Staff will issue you an invoice for a deposit to be paid of £250.
- Payment is due within 14 days to secure your place on the program.
- Payment can be made by credit or debit card or by bank transfer. Details will be on the invoice.
- Enter participant’s name as reference for payment
NOTE: Please remember to indicate clearly the name of the traveller.
Discount for Two Simultaneous Bookings
We offer a £50 discount for travellers who book with a friend. The discount will be applied to each travellers’ final invoice. Please do note in the comments box on your registration form that you are booking with a friend if doing so. The discount will only apply to a language course of 2 weeks or more.
The deposit is part of the final program fee and will be deducted from subsequent invoices.
Once MyEducation has received your deposit payment and signed terms and conidtions, we will commence the enrolment process with the Language school. As soon as we receive confirmation from the language school of your place on your chosen course, we will send:
- a booking confirmation
- final invoice – due 8 weeks before departure (if departure is less than 8 weeks, payment will be due immediately).
- any further forms required by the language school to complete enrolment
The processing time for receipt of these documents may vary from 1-5 days.
Note that it is only possible to receive a refund of your deposit, if the language school for one reason or another are forced to cancel your language course, or if there is no space in the desired language course on the dates requested.
We recommend that all participants purchase travel insurance prior to their departure on the Language Travel program. You will want to consider the following types:
- full travel insurance coverage
- cancellation insurance
From January 1st 2021, it is likely that the EHIC health insurance coverage will no longer be valid when travelling in the EU. Therefore, it is vital that participants purchase insurance to cover all health and non-health related matters such as loss of belongings, theft, flight cancellations and medical repatriation.
You can choose to purchase your insurance through MyEducation and this can be done up to 24 hours prior to departure. Please speak with staff about the policy.
If a change of the course or accommodation is requested prior to departure, then MyEducation will do all that is possible to accommodate these changes within the existing fee structure. If the language course and the accommodation is confirmed, however, there may be a change to the original fee that was quoted.
In addition, if necessary, expenses that may be charged by our partners. Please note that flights can also be lost by changing dates, and if a new ticket is required, this will be done at the participant’s expense.
If for some unexpected reason you choose to cancel your program the following terms will exist regarding the refund that you are entitled to:
- Up to 8 weeks before your course start date, we will refund you all payments, less the initial deposit.
- 15 to 59 days before scheduled departure – a full refund less 40% will be paid; or
- 14 days or less before scheduled departure – a full refund less 80% will be paid. MyEducation will appeal to the language school for further refund, but a decision will be at the discretion of the individual language school. Vouchers for travel at a later date may also be offered by the language school.
- If you fail to secure your visa for departure due to failure to follow instructions given by the MyEducation office or the Embassy involved or if you have your visa application rejected because of providing incorrect information and must cancel the programme, a full refund less 30% will be given;
- If you choose to not complete your Program after it has started, you will not be entitled to any refund. If the language school refunds any accommodation fees, these will be passed to you by MyEducation.
Please note that cancellation will only be accepted in writing and will be taken from the date that the email/letter is received in the office. Any refund will be made to you by bank transfer.
It is up to the participant to apply for the necessary visa if required. MyEducation can help with guidance and support, but cannot accept responsibility if a participant fails to apply for a visa or if the visa is not obtained in good time before departure.
Participants should check if a visa is required before booking a course.
If the education or accommodation is not to the participant’s expectations, this must be communicated to the language school or MyEducation as soon as possible – preferably after a few days and no later than one week after the start of the course, so that the language school has the opportunity to correct any errors or misunderstandings early in the course. Often they can help by arranging a change of class group or new accommodation. If you are unhappy with your host family the language school will require one week’s notice to source a new family.
Participants will not be compensated for complaints received after returning home.
Should there be an incident that MyEducation has no influence or control over such as war, civil war, revolution, strikes, sabotage, terrorism or a natural disaster, pandemic, MyEducation is exempt from any liability (force majeure).