Programs and Activities
In this program you will receive a mixture of Japanese teaching and activities. You will have classes in the morning with groups of no more than 20 students. Each class is divided by their Japanese experience and level and the focus is on developing your conversational ability. Teachers strive to provide a fun atmosphere to develop your spoken skills and confidence. After lunch you will be involved in a variety of activities. The staff will support you from the moment you land in Tokyo, until you depart. The activities planned will help you to learn about Japanese culture and society as well as see the big sights.
During the program, you will participate in various kinds of activities to experience both traditional and modern Japanese culture. It will not only be a lot of fun, but also you will build an understanding of life in Japan and it’s culture.
- Japanese lantern making
- Shinjuku Skyscrapers
- Sushi making
- Disneyland Tokyo
- Yuzen dyeing
- Ninja experience
- Tokyo downtown area
NB. Activities and trips listed are based on 2020 timetable and are subject to change.
Supervision and Free Time
After arriving at Narita or Haneda airport, you will be free of care. The language school staff will arrange the transportation between the accommodation, school and activities. They’ll even stay at the same accommodation to support you, so that your safety is assured.
Limited free time is given to students due to the age of participants and the size of Tokyo city. The timetable for the program is filled with lots to do and students are expected to participate in all activities and excursions.
The teaching at the language school in Tokyo is of high quality and staff create the right framework for optimal language learning in small, international, level-divided classes. On the first day of your course, your Japanese level will be tested, and then you will be placed in the language class that best suits your level. This language tour includes 9 or 14 days of classes with classes from 9am – 1pm. Teaching usually takes place in the morning. There will be a maximum of 16 students in a class.
All students will live in Tokyo Central Youth Hostel in dormitory type rooms. Staff from the language school will live at the hostel with you and you will have transport arranged between the hostel and the school for classes and activities.
The program is almost fully inclusive and all meals are part of the program fee. Only drinks and snacks are at your own expense.
- Choose between a 2 or 3 week trip to Tokyo.
- 9 or 14 days of lessons.
- Level Test on arrival.
- Accommodation at Tokyo Central hostel.
- All meals.
- Airport transfer from Narita or Haneda airport.
- Transportation between school/accommodation/activities.
- 4 full-day and 9 half-day activities (2 weeks).
- 6 full-day and 14 half-day activities (3 weeks).
- MyEducation support and service before departure and during the program.
Summer in Tokyo 2021 || Prices coming soon
- Population: approx. 9.2 million people.
- Language: Japanese
- Fun Fact: The Harajuku district in Tokyo is famous for its alternative street fashion. It is the centre of Japan’s most extreme teenage cultures and style. The focal point of the Harajuku’s teenage culture is Takeshita Dori.
- MyEducation recommends: Shibuya Crossing: the world’s busiest and wildest intersection. Thousands of people cross this intersection daily and many tourist photos are taken here.
- What to eat in Tokyo: Tempura. The dish comprises vegetables, seafood and other ingredients, all battered in eggs and flour, and then fried in vegetable oil to form a crispy texture. To absolutely enjoy the dish, it is best to try it at a specialised tempura restaurant – tempura-ya, although it is also served with common dishes, like soba or udon.
We recommend that you ensure that your vaccinations are up to date for travel to Japan. You can find up to date information here: Travel Health Pro.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR A TRIP TO Tokyo
Complete our contact form and a staff member will be in touch to talk more about the program and to confirm the dates and fees for the trip. You can read more about Language Travel here and read our FAQs page to answer all of your questions. You should also read our Terms and Conditions for booking.